[XeTeX] bug in fontspec?

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 03:36:38 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-19 03:30:24 +1030, Pablo Rodríguez
<oinos at web.de> said:

> as Ulrike Fischer has noticed
> (http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2010-October/018895.html), fontspec
> enters in a loop italics are defined as slanted:
>
> 	\def\itdefault{sl}

This problem, funnily enough, has existed pretty much forever. I guess
you're the first person to use the slides class with fontspec :)

This is now fixed in the nightly build of fontspec, which you can
install iff you have TeX Live 2010 with the following command:

tlmgr --repository http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2010 update fontspec

(more details here:
<http://latex-alive.tumblr.com/post/1303450459/a-little-bit-of-tlcontrib>)

The

package source on GitHub (http://github.com/wspr/fontspec) contains the
latest version as well, of course.

> (I thought I had already reported this issue
> [http://tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2010-October/018895.html], but due to
> the lack of proper description, it hasn't been taken as a proper bug
> report.]

Sorry, I'd missed this. I don't necessarily follow this list exhaustively.

Will