[XeTeX] Localized XeLaTeX: was Greek XeLaTeX

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sun Oct 17 11:10:49 CEST 2010

Am Sat, 16 Oct 2010 16:24:44 +0200 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:

>>> Would this replace every occurence of "im" in the input? Including
>>> the "im" in \scratchdimen, the "im" in the second 1im and the "im"
>>> in immens?
>>
>> Yes. This is why I said that the solution cannot work out-of-the-box
>> (it could work for a limited number of cases).

> Another way is to use the string library from lua to replace μμ with mm:

They are a lot of way to replace two input chars by two others. My
editor (winedt) can do it in the background without any problems
when saving and restoring a file.

But this doesn't solve the problem that you don't want to replace
every occurrence of the two chars but only some - and that there
isn't a rule/regex or something like that to discern the one from
the other. What you would need is a primitive command or a callback
which allows to extend the list of units which can be used with
\vskip etc. As long as this doesn't exist you will have to mark one
of the sets somehow.

--
Ulrike Fischer