[XeTeX] new use of alternate glyphs and how to turn them off

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Sat Oct 16 22:17:34 CEST 2010

Hi Everyone:

I've noticed that since installing MacTeX2010, some alternate glyphs are
selected without my permission! They're lovely, to be sure, but it's
really a control issue for me ....

Is this a new feature of fontspec? or ?

Here's the example from a document compiled some time ago (June of 09
... which was TL08) and you'll see the difference with the capital Q.

I haven't noticed any other changes. This is loaded with:

\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setmainfont[Numbers={Proportional,OldStyle}]{Garamond Premier Pro}

The Q alternate only has a GID and no unicode point.

otfinfo -v GaramondPremrPro.otf
Version 2.000;PS 2.000;hotconv 1.0.50;makeotf.lib2.0.16970

TIA.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma