[XeTeX] Localized XeLaTeX: was Greek XeLaTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 16 17:53:05 CEST 2010

On Oct 16, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

> Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
>> "Once again people fell into the trap of believing the rules their
>> language is using are universal."
>>  -- Some wise person writing GNU gettext manual[1]
>>
>> [1] http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_mono/gettext.html#Plural-forms
>
> Well, to be fair to Herb, he /was/ referring to SI
> ("Systeme Internationale") which (of course) his own
> country has not adopted, along with Burma and Liberia !
>
> ** Phil.

Howdy,

Maybe not the country but certainly the Physicists have. :-)

There were plans but too many people with power were too afraid of backlash. They tried, without success, to use both systems on highways and, of course, that didn't work. I still believe people are quick adapters so just change everything overnight and folks will adapt in short order. Finally, this country seems to have a paranoia about ``internationalizing'' anything. :-(

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)