[XeTeX] Localized XeLaTeX: was Greek XeLaTeX

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Thu Oct 14 12:39:41 CEST 2010

Am 13.10.2010 um 19:27 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 12:57, Keith J. Schultz wrote:
>>
>>        If Yes, then the question would be how easy would it be to modify Xe(La)TeX
>>        to be localizable.
> [snip, snip

> ]
> But of course you can always do simply
>    \let\greekcommand=\englishcommand
	This would be a good idea, but the original thought was also
	for using localized units and such.

> for all the commands you might be aware of ... but you still end up
> with packages that need to be called with their original name written
> in latin, and if you want to load any package, you need to translate
> all of their commands as well. In which case you end up with a
> TeX4HT-sized project.
	I have not dugged into the parser of xetex, so I can not actually say
	how hard it would be to inject a localizable layer.
	There would have to commands switching the "dialects".
	The idea is to have the localization on a low level, so that
	the packages do not necessarily need to be localized and the localization
	can be loaded separately. We do not want to reinvent the wheel, just make
	it better.

	I am brainstorming here and personally do not have the time to do the work.

	regards
		Keith.