[XeTeX] Hoefler Text Ornaments

Elliott Roper elliott at yrl.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 21:34:21 CEST 2010

On 12 Oct 2010, at 17:16, GARCIN wrote:

<snip>
>     Thank you for your answer.
>
>      But how I get for instance the «hand» of the instruction {\HTO ☞}, or other symbol of Ornaments?
>
>  Thank you.
>
>  Jean-Louis Garcin

I deduce from your headers, and that you are using Hoefler Ornaments you are using a Mac.
If so, Font Book is your tool of choice. Display Hoefler Ornaments repertoire (⌘2), then hover the mouse over the ornament you want to use. A tooltip will appear showing the Unicode hex value. Use whatever your editor permits to insert it. If all else fails, use the character palette to display the ornament you chose and copy paste into the text.

which is what I did here direct into Apple mail

☞

Elliott Roper
phone: +44 1663 747334
mobile +44 7796 171018