[XeTeX] Greek XeLaTeX

Tobias Schoel liesdiedatei at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 12 14:18:14 CEST 2010

Hi,

Argument A:
1. history has shown that a universal language can't be forced or
invented (why don't we all speak esperanto for example?) but develops.
the universal language of the 20th and 21st century _is_ english. (I
don't care for the reason, linguistiv imperalism or whatever. All I care
for is, that it is.)

2. culture (including mother tongue) is worth.

3. if we want everybody on the whole earth to be able to communicate to
each other, we need _one_ universal language. for many people it's too
hard to learn more than one foreign language. (it's even hard to learn
one foreign language, but that can't be helped for now.)

=> Everybody should learn English.

Argument B:
1. TeX&co are hard to learn, without regarding the human language.

2. Don't teach two different things at a time, especially don't teach
new content and new form simultaneously. (Proactive and Retroactive
hindrance)

=> TeX Beginners should have as much Greek interface as possible.

Argument C:
1. TeX documents should run on every system, TeX is installed on, and
yield the same result.

=> TeX macros should be universal or TeX compiler should be universal.

Solutions: (Only ideas I have, you can tell, what is good and what is not.)
1. One Compiler to rule them all.
2. One Prepocessor to translate each to the one format. (Could also be
used as a "post working process"-processor.)
3. One "In-Line" processor to handle another language (class file, style
file)

4. An interface, which translates all the time: The users types
\αρχή{κειμένου}, the interfaces shows \αρχή{κειμένου}, but writes
\begin{document} to the tex-file. It can show \begin{document} as a tool
tip or show the true document in a second window.
5. An interface, which translates at the moment: The users types
\αρχή{κειμένου} but the interface shows \begin{document} and writes that
stuff to the tex-file. (Very much like a special input method. For
example the latex-input-method for ibus. I type \rightarrow and I get ...
damn it, where is my latex input method? where is my unicode input method?
I should get →.

bye

toscho, who will check, what the ubuntu-upgrade did to ibus ...