[XeTeX] Greek XeLaTeX

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Oct 12 11:34:11 CEST 2010

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Well and the babel package is a good demonstration of the
> difficulties when using various languages and scripts in a document.
> Do you think one should add this difficulties to formats and
> packages?

What I think is that we need to /explore/ the idea, rather
than reject it out of hand.  See immediately preceding post
for a more detailed discussion.

** Phil.

P.S. And of course I was not accusing you (Ulrike) or any
non-native speaker of "linguistic imperialism"; rather
I was seeking to suggest that linguistic imperialism is
all pervasive in the received wisdom, and it is time to
challenge that.  If it makes me furious to have to write
"color" rather than "colour", how must it make someone
feel who would actually expect to be able to write (say)
"颜", "χρώμα" or "Farbe" ?