[XeTeX] Font nuisances

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Mon Oct 11 05:19:01 CEST 2010

On 10/10/2010 5:00 PM, Gareth Hughes wrote:
>> 2. Can anybody see what is wrong with the following?
>>
>> \fontspec[BoldFont={Bergamo Std},ItalicFont={Bergamo
>> Std},BoldItalicFont={Bergamo Std}]{Cardo}
>
> Yeah, you just declared the medium, upright font as bold and italic.
> What you need is
>
> \fontspec[BoldFont={Bergamo Std-Bold}, ItalicFont={Bergamo Std-Italic},
> BoldItalicFont={Bergamo St-BoldItalic}]{Cardo}

OK, it's late, brain is not firing on all cylinders.  The Example 4 I
just cited in my previous reply isn't exactly parallel to my situation,
is it.  I just looked again at the fontspec manual and don't see an
exact example of what I need. However, the version that Gareth suggests
(or its variant {BergamoStd-Bold} don't work.

Still mystified.

David