[XeTeX] XeTeX in lshort

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 18:39:50 CEST 2010

> A very good source  is Murray Sargent's blog:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/murrays/
> e.g. this  (quite technical)  post:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/murrays/archive/2006/09/13/752206.aspx
> "The  new font tables enable one to automatically position subscripts and
> superscripts  horizontally better than untweaked TeX as well as having richer
> glyph choices  for operators like the integral sign, square root, and growable
>brackets."

I agree that Microsoft has done a good job with OpenType MATH, but they did not
invent the wheel. One could say that they have just transformed TeX' math engine

into an OpenType table. Naturally, they have added features some people were
expecting to be added in TeX. And finally, they sell all these for379,01€!

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece