[XeTeX] hyperref broken??

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sun Oct 3 14:02:22 CEST 2010

Heiko,

Thank you for the reply.

On 10/3/2010 4:41 AM, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> This is correct. XeTeX is used to generate PDF, `hypertex' is
> a driver for DVI mode. You can easily omit the option, because
> XeTeX is automatically detected.
If I omit the option, or use 'xetex' in place of 'hypertex' or use the
driverfallback option, I get:

! Undefined control sequence.
\str_if_eq_p:nn #1#2->\tex_ifnum:D \pdf_strcmp:D
                                                  {\etex_unexpanded:D
l.479 ...p:w  \cs_set_nopar:cpn  \cs_set_nopar:Npn

I fixed the missing commas but that made no difference.

This may be a MiKTeX problem, so I'll try the help forum there; but if
the error message above means anything to anybody please let me know.  I
wonder why I have had no problems in the past with the 'hypertex' option
(or the missing commas).

David