[XeTeX] Problem changing default fonts

enrico.gregorio at univr.it enrico.gregorio at univr.it
Sat Oct 2 20:01:29 CEST 2010

> Hi,
>
> \textbf{\textsf{\huge Some Text}}
>
> reads nicer, because it doesn't use grouping-only braces. It's always
> confusing for me to find a pair of braces in empty space (means: without
> a macro before), and it doesn't look like proper coding.

A \par should almost always go at the end of a group where \huge or the other size
changing declaration is present, otherwise there will result a big mess in line spacing.

> btw: why are there no macros like \texthuge, \textlarge, ... ?

There aren't because size changes are usually inappropriate in running text and
should be used only inside environments or as arguments to commands, properly
protected by groups in order to delimit the action of the declaration.

To change the aspect of section headings, use the package titlesec.

Ciao
Enrico

--
Enrico Gregorio          + Dipartimento di Informatica          + Tel: +39 045 8027937
Enrico.Gregorio at univr.it + Università degli Studi di Verona     +