[XeTeX] Problems finding/using fonts with both xdv2pdf and xdvipdfmx

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 2 01:06:09 CEST 2010

On Oct 1, 2010, at 5:17 PM, Nicholas Riley wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2010, at 1:16 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>>> This is the error I get with the missing bullets:
>>>
>>> LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `TS1/Goudy(0)/m/n' undefined
>>> (Font)              using `TS1/cmr/m/n' instead
>>> (Font)              for symbol `textbullet' on input line 94.
>>>
>>> For the moment I can just typeset on my 10.5 box, but it'd be nice to figure it out.
>>>
>>> Thanks again,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu>
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Looks like the font isn't being found.
>
> But the entire document is typeset in that font!  After getting xdvipdfmx to work, I'm still seeing this issue on 10.6 only, though at least it's successfully substituting a Computer Modern bullet where xdv2pdf couldn't.
>
> --
> Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu>

Howdy,

Well, I found a `Goudy Old Style' as a FFIL file in ~/Library/Microsoft/Old Fonts (I still have MSOffice V.X --- ancient now, to open some old files). I double clicked on it to open it in Font Book and chose to install it. I was then able to use the font as `Goudy Old Style'.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)