[XeTeX] Problems finding/using fonts with both xdv2pdf and xdvipdfmx

Nicholas Riley njriley at illinois.edu
Sat Oct 2 00:43:02 CEST 2010

On Oct 1, 2010, at 5:22 PM, maxwell wrote:

> Just a guess, but could it be that the font doesn't have that character?

Certainly I see a Goudy bullet under "Repertoire" in Font Book.  In /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/fonts/misc/xetex/fontmapping/base/qx-unicode.map (is this the right file?), I see:

180	<>	U+2022 ; bullet

and in Character Viewer I do see that Goudy Regular has a bullet character at U+2022.

There actually doesn't seem to be anything specific to my font; if I switch to Cambria, I get the same message:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OMS/Cambria(0)/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `OMS/cmsy/m/n' instead
(Font)              for symbol `textbullet' on input line 96.

Are other people with 10.6/MacTeX-2010 able to typeset bullets without getting them substituted?  If so, what font/configuration do you use?

--
Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu>