[XeTeX] Sections and \nameref{}

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 22 22:55:48 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 02:49:42PM -0500, A u wrote:

> \documentclass[fleqn,12pt,a4paper]{article}

> \usepackage{hyperref}

> \section{This is Header1 6.1.77} \label{6.1.77}

> .recalled lables at various places through out the document, \nameref{}

The reference name "6.1.77" is missing in the
argument of \nameref.

> Above code worked like a charm, I can use \nameref{} anywhere in the
> document and it created a hyperlink.
>
> I went crazy and created as many as 3900 subsections and now the PDF prints
> only two pages and I get stack over flow error.
>
> Hyperlinks appear as ??

The referencing system of LaTeX with \label and \ref is based
on the .aux files. If the reference data were not successfully
recorded in the previous run, then LaTeX uses "??".

> I tried using enumurate{} and it does not hyperlink to specific line as it
> does in case of section{}, also tried putting lines with labels and still it
> did not work.

Quite unclear about the problem. Probably you are here mixing several
issues, perhaps completetely unrelated to \nameref?

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek