[XeTeX] Biblatex and Biber UTF-8 file

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Fri Nov 12 16:22:36 CET 2010


As it happens, once I figured out how to get Biber running (more or less; not much documentation and what there is is pretty obscure for a newcomer and I'm still not sure I'm totally clear on it), it told me that I needed version 9e of Biblatex; it turns out that the TL2010 version (which I downloaded yesterday afternoon; until that point I was on TL2009) was 9a. Updating Biblatex got me past the initial hurdle. Then I had to update etoolbox and something else as well.

I can now make some of the styles work (e.g. philosophy-modern, philosophy-classic) but not others (philosophy-verbose, and one or two more). I'll have to experiment a bit more with this and perhaps post again.

The big problem yesterday was that I was not getting any help from the XeTeX messages. It wasn't until I started playing with Biber that I saw the versioning issue.



>>> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at  4:27 AM, in message <1487wygihnyw9$.dlg at nililand.de>,
Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote: 
> Am Thu, 11 Nov 2010 20:00:12 -0500 schrieb Karljurgen Feuerherm:
>> Hello all,
>> I seem to be running into a bit of a contradictory situation.
>> I read that in XeTeX I need \usepackage[bibencoding=inputenc]{biblatex}.
>> However, this causes the compiler to complain that I haven't
>> loaded inputenc.
> I don't see this complain neither with your example nor with this
> short one:
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[backend=biber,bibencoding=inputenc]{biblatex}
> \begin{document}
> abc
> \end{document}
> biblatex.sty    2010/10/09 v0.9e programmable bibliographies
>> On the other hand, if I load inputenc,
> Don't load it xelatex. Whatever the problem is, it can't be solved
> in this way. 

More information about the XeTeX mailing list