[XeTeX] Font variant selection in Fontspec/Mathspec options incomplete

Christian Schmidt c.schmidt at dlgs.ioer.de
Thu Nov 11 11:24:18 CET 2010

Hello Dee,

I don't know how to use the \listfiles command but I first used the latest
packages from the MiKTeX 2.8 repository. Today I upgraded to MiKTeX 2.9
which includes
XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9997.4 (MiKTeX 2.9)
Fontspec, v2.1b 2010/09/29
Mathspec, v0.2 2009/09/30.

The upgrade did not solve the problem. Therefore, it is still not possible
to specify a Bold Italic font variant when using extension based (e.g.,
.otf or .ttf) font selection in mathspec/fontspec.

Pinfeng