[XeTeX] Specifying papersize with XeTeX

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 00:25:38 CET 2010

Although I may not really understand the question, if you take a look at the manual of the memoir class, it is precisely explained how (La)TeX treats the page size. Also, the geometry package lets you select any page size you want. Basically, (La)TeX does not care about the page size. For (La)TeX, the world consists of a sheet of paper, with some arbitrary point labeled (0,0), and all material is positioned on the paper with respect to (0,0) (which is usually the bottom-left point). Specifying a paper size really means that you inform (La)TeX that the upper-right point is at a certain location (rather than at (+\infty, +\infty).

Cheers,
Wilfred