[XeTeX] Font corruption (?) problem

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Sat Nov 6 17:13:54 CET 2010

Addendum:

This time, removing and reinstalling the font corrected the problem.
Doesn't seem to be consistent...

KF

<4CD54153.94AB.00CC.0 at wlu.ca>,
"Karljurgen Feuerherm" <kfeuerherm at wlu.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a peculiar problem that's driving me crazy.
>
> I'm using a MacBook Pro under Snow Leopard and MacTex, installed a
few
> months back.
>
> I have a XeTeX source file (see below) which compiled fine, and
> produced a nice PDF. I then copied four lines from the PDF and
pasted
> them into MS Word so I could run a character count. Word told me
there
> was a problem (Bad Font) with the font (Linux Libertine O) and that
it
> would try to disable the font.
>
> Now, when I compile the source, everything seems to be bold faced...
> though I've changed nothing in the source. So presumably the font
has
> been corrupted somehow... BUT...
>
> This happened to me the other day, and deleting and replacing the
font
> with a fresh copy didn't help. I then created a new file using
TeXShop's
> XeTeX template and started changing it, a few lines at a time, to
look
> like my old file. This worked fine... until just now when I copied
lines
> into Word.
>
> I don't see the font listed in the Disabled folder.
>
> Can anyone tell me what's going on, how to recover most effectively,
> and... how to prevent this from happening (I suppose don't paste into
MS
> Word is the obvious answer, but that shouldn't be a problem
normally,
> should it?)
>
> Thanks

> =====
> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\documentclass[12pt,b5paper,onecolumn,twoside,openright,draft,leqno]{memoir}

%\usepackage[style=authoryear]{biblatex}					%
> Adjust once understood; can't find biblatex.sty

\usepackage{bidi}							%
> Bidi must precede xunicode.
> \usepackage{multicol}

\usepackage[]{polyglossia}						%
> Polyglossia loads fontspec, so no need to load it separately.
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \usepackage{xstring}
> \usepackage{xunicode}

\setdefaultlanguage[variant=british]{english}					%
> Follow UK rather than US standards.

\setotherlanguage[]{bulgarian}						%'Bulgarian'
> is really Sumero-Akkadian ;)
> \setotherlanguage[]{french}

\setotherlanguage[spelling=old]{german}					%
> Use traditional spellings.
> \setotherlanguage[]{hebrew}
> \setotherlanguage[]{latin}

\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text,Numbers=OldStyle,Scale=MatchLowercase}