[XeTeX] Incorrect handling of name prefixes by biblatex (van, de)

Pierre Morel pier.morel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 08:48:48 CET 2010

Thank you for your insight on Dutch names and basic bibtex (I learned something!).

I looked a bit more into the typography of name prefixes in French and it looks quite messy... some French names have capitalization for the first letter, some don't, and the use of small capitals for prefixes is not clear either.

So let's assume that the non-capitalization of the prefix is "normal", there are still some problems:
- Non capitalization of the first letter when only the name is used (van OPSTAL, 1989) instead of (Van OPSTAL, 1989)... it's the same thing in the bibliography : van OPSTAL,  A.J. instead of Van OPSTAL, A.J.
- And maybe worst : all these names are sorted under "V" in the bibliography !

Thanks

Pierre