[XeTeX] [OS X TeX] Accented characters in Xe(La)TeX

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon May 31 22:48:11 CEST 2010

Hi Clea, Peter,

On 31/05/2010, at 3:49 PM, Ross Moore wrote:

> As in the attached image?
> I get it too, with Regular only. Bold and Italic seem OK.

>> and I get weirdness only for Venturis regular without a location...
>
> Would you show exactly the command which worked, please?

>>> Fontspec also gives you the option to tell XeTeX the particular
>>> font file to be used. Try that for ADF Venturis!

How is this done?
When I put in a full path, as in

  \newfontfamily\venturisregularfont{/Users/rossmoor/Library/Fonts/
arkandis/venturis/VenturisADF-Regular.otf}

then there are NFSS errors, perhaps leading to a recursion.

But there is another issue.

> I can show you how to replace the missing characters with accents
> built as with older LaTeX styles, but while still using proper
> accented characters for those which *are* in the font.

Look at the circumflex accents over the Y and W in the attached image.