[XeTeX] unicode-math testing

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu May 27 20:38:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 05:51:27PM +0100, Michael Lynch wrote:
> On 27/05/2010 17:20, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> >Looks like xetex is getting glyph indexes from one font file but loading
> >the actual glyph from another font. Checking the output of 'fc-list :
> >file' my reveal that you, or whoever is experiencing this, have several
> >version of the font accessible to xetex, if so, then removing all but
> >one can solve the issue.
> >
> Hi,
>
> This sounds like a plausible explanation, but fc-list only lists one
> entry for Asana Math. Is there any way for XeTeX to find two font
> files but only have one found by fc-list?

Fonts in the texmf tree, see if 'kpsewhich Asana-Math.otf' returns
anything (Asana Math is part of texlive, so it is very likely that you
installed it both through texlive and as a system font, and may be the
two versions are not the same leading to different glyph indices).

> If not, can you think of any other possible explanations?

Nobe, I hardly know anything about xetex internals.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny