[XeTeX] Asymptote

José Carlos Santos jcsantos at fc.up.pt
Tue May 25 19:19:00 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Earlier today I reported this bug concerning Asymptote:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3006849&group_id=120000&atid=685683

John Bowman (who is, I think, member of the Asymptote team) made this
comment: "This is not an Asymptote bug. In fact, it works fine for me
with XeTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.2-0.9995.2 (TeX Live 2009) All that
Asymptote does is prepare a XeLaTeX file for you; it won't fix a broken
XeLaTeX installation. If some more recent version of xelatex fails you
need to report that to the xelatex developers. Run asy -k -tex xelatex
test.asy to generate the test_.tex and test_0.pdf..."

Well, the XeTeX that I use has version number, 3.1415926-2.2-0.9995.1
and so it is not exactly the same as his and I cannot exclude the
possibility that my version is "broken" in some sense. Nevertheless, I
would like know the opinion of people with more knowledge about this
than me.

Best regards,

Jose Carlos Santos