[XeTeX] XeLaTeX font options

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu May 20 10:45:55 CEST 2010

Am 19.05.2010 um 13:09 schrieb Mark van Dijk:

> When selecting the font, is this enough to make it work in
> the document?

I don't know what "selecting the font" means. The example connects a
font choice with a LaTeX command. {\cjkfont <some text in \cjkfont>}
uses this font to type that text in this font.

> Or should I use \setmainfont?

I don't know. I don't remember why I did not use this prefabricated
command. Could be the documentation does not show that it's possible
to use \setmainfont in the same way as \newfontfamily. Could you look
up this detail in the fontspec manual?

> Is there any place where I need to add "Mapping=tex-text"?

In all places which are documented in the fontspec manual. In case you
don't want to repeat that, then use in the preamble

	\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}

Notice that this is only useful for Latin scripts.

--
Greetings

   Pete
               <\