[XeTeX] diacritical marks in math mode with mathspec

Tobias Schoel liesdiedatei at googlemail.com
Fri May 14 12:02:01 CEST 2010

Hi,

following (minimal) example:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[quiet]{mathspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}

\setallmainfonts[Mapping=tex-text]{Linux Libertine O}

\begin{document}

\(U_{\text{ind}}=L\dot I=Lİ=Lİ\) ; Lİ ; Lİ ; \textit{Lİ ; Lİ}

\end{document}

L\dot I does work in mathmode, but it places the dot badly (where it
should be in regular shape -- after adding Uppercase=Regular to
\setallmainfonts the dot is placed correctly)

Lu+0130 (I with dot above) in mathmode doesn't display the dotted I

LIu+0307 (diacritical dot above) in mathmode does display an undotted I

Lu+0130 in textmode does display a perfectly dotted I (even with \textit}
LIu+0307 in textmode does display an I with a badly placed dot (even
with \ŧextit)

how can one achieve the textmode result of Lu+0130 in italics in math mode?

thanks

ciao

toscho