[XeTeX] Problems with fontspec and mathspec

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:03:02 CEST 2010

On 2010-05-13 00:04:29 +0930, Tobias Schoel
<liesdiedatei at googlemail.com> said:

> Removing the option cm-default from mathspec (which passes it to
> fontspec) results in no error-messages and the desired effect.
>
> Why is this?

cm-default was originally intended for users of fontspec who didn't
have the Latin Modern fonts installed; nowadays it serves less purpose.

It's not entirely clear to me what is triggering that error, however.
(Without having looked into it in much detail.) Is this going to cause
a problem or is the current behaviour workable?