[XeTeX] [off-topic] xetex crash in Ubuntu 10.04

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Sat May 8 11:36:30 CEST 2010

Hi there,

due to the version of geometry included in TeXLive 2009, the following
code crashes xetex when compiling it with Ubuntu 10.04:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[a4paper,truedimen,mag=1500]{geometry}
\begin{document}
Hi
\end{document}

This bug should be included also in all Ubuntu versions that provide
TeXLive 2009. I have already reported the bug almost a week ago
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/texlive-base/+bug/573951),
but I had no reply. I'm new to Ubuntu, but not to GNU/Linux. The fix, as
described in my report, is simple: update the geometry version. I wonder
why it takes so long.

For those Ubuntu users that can confirm the crash, could you mark that
this bug also affects to you?

Thanks for your help,

Pablo