[XeTeX] experimental new xetex version - with margin-kerningsupport

Karljurgen Feuerherm kfeuerherm at wlu.ca
Tue May 4 23:11:17 CEST 2010

Jonathan,

I'm curious what support is required for XeTeX/XeLaTeX...

... specifically, I'm experimenting with Plan9, to which someone has now ported TeX, and I'm wondering whether these tools could be ported over also. Are they coded in C or C++?

Many thanks,

>>> Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> 04/05/2010 4:39 pm >>>
For those experimenting with this: I have just updated the microtype branch again, to v0.9997.0.

The keywords used to specify \lpcode and \rpcode values for native-font glyphs have been changed to be more concise, and also more similar to forms used in other contexts. Unicode character codes are now prefixed by "U" (or "u"), and glyph names by "/" (slash), just like glyph names in Type 1 encoding files. So this means that protrusion values for native fonts can be set as

   \rpcode \f U"002C = 100 % Unicode codepoint: note that the "u" keyword is not case-sensitive
   \rpcode \f /comma = 100 % glyph name
   \rpcode \f 15 = 100     % glyph number (font-specific)

(There is no change for TFM fonts; only bare numbers -- which are in effect "glyph numbers" in the font encoding -- are used.)