[XeTeX] Building xetex issues?

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Tue May 4 03:33:56 CEST 2010

Hi Jonathan,

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing that you're building on a Snow Leopard system, and so the Apple tools are defaulting to a 64-bit build, which is not supported for xetex on OS X.
>
> If that's the case, try the following:
>
>   export SDK_ROOT=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk/
>   export CC="gcc-4.0"
>   export CXX="g++-4.0"
>   sh build-xetex.sh
>
> and see if that works better.

Since TeX Live 2010 is planning to include 64-bit binaries for Mac OS X,
is there any chance we can fix this for XeTeX? I understand part of ATSUI
does not have 64-bit counterparts, can we at lease be able to disable AAT
support gracefully for 64-bit XeTeX? (aka. only use ATS to locate fonts
and ICU to do the layout.)

- Jiang