[XeTeX] Diacritics

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon May 3 23:41:42 CEST 2010

Hello José,

On 04/05/2010, at 7:00 AM, José Carlos Santos wrote:

> Thanks. Now I know that, yes, DTLUnicoST has an acute accent; its
> position is 0301.
>
>> But I think that in TeX, LaTeX, XeTeX this shouldn't be a problem
>> if you
>> are using this
>>
>> |[Mapping=tex-text]
>
> But I am using it. I repeat: if I compile this file:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \setmainfont[Mapping=tex-text]{DTLUnicoST}
> \begin{document}
> \end{document}
>
> I get nothing.

The font has the combining accent, but it doesn't have
the combined character. That is why you need to include

>> \UndeclareUTFcomposite[\UTFencname]{x0144}{\'}{n}

as Ulrike advised already, and write  \'n .
This 'undeclares' the combined character  Ux0144
since the font doesn't have it, allowing
  \'n to produce   n followed by Ux0301
which should give the correct look.

If that doesn't work, then there is something else altogether
wrong with that font.

> Best regards,
>
> José Carlos Santos

Hope this helps,