[XeTeX] [texlive] opentype fonts from $TEXMFLOCAL

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 12:36:15 CET 2010

Diederick C. Niehorster wrote:
> Basically, I have a big bunch of fonts I want to play with and I dont
> want them all installed in windows, its slow enough as it is.

Maybe I missed the point you're making here, and I certainly don't claim
to understand the details of how XeTeX finds and deals with fonts, but I
had thought that it simply used system fonts i.e. if the OS knows about
them then you can have them, and otherwise not. If that's right then
you'd be stuck with Windows knowing about them and thus crawling as a
condition for them working.

On the other hand, perhaps I'm coming in at a more simplistic level that
you've already moved beyond. If so, sorry!

David

--
David Cottenden
PhD Student