[XeTeX] Trouble Installing TeXLive to HD

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Wed Mar 17 08:20:36 CET 2010

On 3/16/2010 7:44 PM, Alan Jones wrote:
> TeXLive::TLUtils::setup_programs failed at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 1042.
> ./tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzmadec.i386-linux --help failed (status
> 32256): No such file or directory
> Output is:
> Can't exec "./tlpkg/installer/lzma/lzmadec.i386-linux": Permission
> denied at tlpkg/TeXLive/TLUtils.pm line 1045.
> Couldn't set up the necessary programs.
> Cannot continue with installation.
> Please report to texlive at tug.org.
>

> Do you what problem I am facing.

How are you installing this? Through a package manager's automagical
named installation, via an rpm file, or some other way. For all those my
first thought would be "stick 'sudo' in front of the command you're
using to initiate the installation", since a "permission denied" hints
at forgetting to run an installation as super user.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com