[XeTeX] memoir and bidi

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 19:12:48 CET 2010

I was having problems formatting captions in a complex document I am
preparing with memoir--the commands were ignored.  Some internet
searching revealed that sometimes other packages do things (such as
caption functions.  My document is mainly English with some bits of
Hebrew, for which I use bidi; and commenting out bidi in the preamble
enables memoir's caption commands to work.  I have the most recent
versions of both packages.

The memoir manual says (19.2, p. 352) that memoir supports bidi.  But
there is clearly a problem with captions.  Any suggestions?

Thanks - David