[XeTeX] PDF Creator: "bidi"?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 11 19:09:40 CET 2010

On 11 Mar 2010, at 17:48, Meho R. wrote:

> As noted, because bidi isn't the creator of the PDF file and still claims it is. "Created by Xe(La)TeX with bidi package" (something like "Created by LaTeX with hyperref package") would be a little bit more acceptable, don't you think?

Personally, I think packages should not be doing this at all (though I believe hyperref has a long history of it). What if you use both hyperref *and* bidi -- who wins? What if every package author decides to start rewriting the Creator string?

The only time a package should override the default metadata is when the user explicitly specifies it, IMO.

JK