[XeTeX] escaping the pipe

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Mar 3 04:02:14 CET 2010

Herbert Schulz wrote:
> Seems to be font related. When I use Monaco I get

> (I don't have DejaVu Sans Mono).

I think you're right--I took out the \setmonofont...{DejaVu Sans Mono},
and no longer get the problem with whatever my default mono-spaced font
is.  (How do I find out what that is?)

Back with DejaVu, I also tried a ZWSP, but the font doesn't know what
that is, and outputs a rectangular box instead; the box overstrikes the
'a' as well.  I also tried a ZWNJ between the a-macron and the pipe, but
that seems to have no effect (the pipe still overstrikes the a-macron).

--
    Mike Maxwell
    What good is a universe without somebody around to look at it?