[XeTeX] Segfault in Mac xelatex using fancybox

George V. Reilly george at reilly.org
Tue Mar 2 08:53:55 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at web.de> wrote:

> Am 01.03.2010 um 18:43 schrieb George V. Reilly:
>
>  Fancybox continues to work with the 10.6 Hoefler Text font on Ubuntu 9.10
>> +
>> TeXLive 2009, but small caps, \textsc, doesn't work.
>>

> Because the font does not have small caps? You can check a font's features
> for example with the XeTeX file OpenType-info.tex... (part of TeX Live) It's
> also a question whether \textsc always works in XeLaTeX. And whether it
> works as \textsc{text} or as {\textsc text}!

Hoefler Text definitely has small caps. They showed up on OS X 10.6 once I
tried Herb's trick of Safe Booting to flush the font caches.

It's on Ubuntu 9.10 + TeX Live 2009 that I'm not seeing small caps. I copied
  /Library/Fonts/Hoefler Text Ornaments.ttf
  /Library/Fonts/Hoefler Text.ttc
from OS X 10.6, and everything else seems to work from that font.

I'm using
  \newcommand{\role}[1]{{\textsc{#1}}}
--
/George V. Reilly  george at reilly.org  Twitter: @georgevreilly