[XeTeX] XETEX and Lilypond

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 14:25:50 CET 2010

In my humble opinion, installing TeXLive 2009 is extremely simple. I'd say there are two options:

1. Uninstall whatever Debian latex packages you have, download the texlive installer, select to install to a directory which is not used by the Debian package manager (/usr/share/texlive/2009/ or something, you can even install to $HOME/texlive if you want to be absolutely certain that no weird system interaction occurs). Downloading and installing is a breeze, the setup is very simple.

2. You can maintain the present latex packages and install TL2009 to some other directory. As instructed by the TL2009 installer, you need to set the TEXMF environment variables. As long as you set those to the TL2009 installation, all should be well.

Cheers,
Wilfred