[XeTeX] How to use AMS's \mathbb with XeLaTeX?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Mar 1 05:10:30 CET 2010

Hello Dragan,

On 01/03/2010, at 6:15 AM, dragan  wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to XeTeX/XeLaTeX, so be kind ;)
>
> I just got a quick question, how can I use the AMSs' \mathbb for
> blackboard bold fonts?

> \setmathbb{Minion Pro}

Minion Pro does not have support for any blackboard bold characters.
  --- at least not the version that I have.

Try something which does:
   Asana Math, Cambria Math, Code 2001, Deja Vu, Free Serif,
StixGeneral, Unicode Symbol
support the full alphabet (upper & lower case).
  Many others, such as  Linux Libertine, Ume ... , MS Gothic
support just the commonly-used \mathbb capitals:  C H N P Q R Z.

> As I don't got the MinionPro Math font, I thought I could try other
> fonts and see which that suits the MinionPro the best, but so far I
> haven't managed to use any other useful fonts, so hopefully someone
> can help me out. :)

> Cheers,
>
> drgz

Hope this helps,