[XeTeX] xelatex, segmentation fault, Mac OS X 10.6.4

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Jun 30 10:01:23 CEST 2010

Am 30.06.2010 um 01:55 schrieb Jonas Zimmermann:

> I'm getting a segmentation fault when I try to compile a xelatex
> document which compiles fine on my girlfriend's machine

You could try to produce the XDV file first (-no-pdf) and then invoke
xdvipdfmx with -vv or -vvv to see whether it's actually a problem of
xdvipdfmx or compile with option -output-driver='xdvipdfmx -vv'
without producing the intermediate file. You lose the basis more fast
xdvipdfmx invocations...

You could also try binaries from http://xetex.tk – later today I'll
update a few! When you substitute the original TeX Live/Mac TeX xetex
binary with one from that site you need to recreate the XeTeX format
files.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Theory and practice are the same, in theory, but, in practice, they
are different.