[XeTeX] Problem with unicode-math and acronym packages

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 21:20:09 CEST 2010

On 2010-06-15 16:23:33 -0700, Michael Lynch
<michael.s.lynch at googlemail.com> said:

> I've come across a conflict between the unicode-math and acronym packages.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reporting this. unicode-math gets its definitions from the
STIX fonts, and the complete list (some 2400 symbols) has been
partially invented to cope with the new glyphs that have never had TeX
names. Some of the new names are not always perfect and we need
feedback like this to ensure that good names have been chosen.

In this case, \ac is defined as U+223E; we'll change the name to
something more proper like \invlazys.

For now just comment out or change the line in unicode-math-table.tex
that deals with this and it'll be fixed in the next update.

Thanks,
Will