[XeTeX] Problem: Beamer+xelatex+\XeTeXdefaultencoding

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mon Jun 21 23:42:31 CEST 2010

Hi Joseph, Стас, and others

On 22/06/2010, at 7:01 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> See my post on the LaTeX Community website. The issue is not beamer, but hyperref,

Yes. It occurs because of something that is done in
   \Hy at AtBeginDocumentHook
related to  \ifsafe at active  etc.

But this hook has so much loaded into it that I've not yet
been able to trace exactly which commands are not working
entirely as designed.

> and only shows up with Windows (LF-CR) line endings.

Interesting, as I'm working on a Mac, and do see it.
So this might mean it is related to the line-endings
within package-files ...

> Minimal example for me is
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \XeTeXdefaultencoding "UTF-8"
> \usepackage{hyperref}
> \begin{document}
> \end{document}
>
> (when saved LF-CR: fine with LF-only line endings).

---  aaah; the Mac has CR line-endings, when working
from TeXshop.

> --
> Joseph Wright

Very perplexing,