[XeTeX] Absence of ligatures

José Carlos Santos jcsantos at fc.up.pt
Thu Jun 10 11:31:20 CEST 2010

On 09-06-2010 21:09, Khaled Hosny wrote:

>>> Thanks. I tried every combination that I could think of and worked.
>>
>> Oops! I meant to write "and it did not work" here.
>
> If you have otfinfo command line tool (included in texlive)

I use MiKTeX, not texlive, and MiKTeX doesn't have that command line
tool. But that's not a problem; I have downloaded it.

>, you can try:
>
> otfinfo -s /path/to/font.otf
>
> Where '/path/to/font.otf' is the full path to your font file, It should
> list font supported scripts and languages, then try:

I get

latn            Latin

> otfinfo --script=SCRIPT -f /path/to/font.otf

All I get is

kern    Kerning

It is short, isn't it? It seems that it does not support ligatures. I
did the same thing with another font (Akkurat Regular) and I got:

cpsp    Capital Spacing
frac    Fractions
kern    Kerning
liga    Standard Ligatures
ordn    Ordinals
ss01    Stylistic Set 1
zero    Slashed Zero

> Where SCRIPT is one of the returned values of the first command. This
> should show what script/language/feature combinations supported by the
> font.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,

José Carlos Santos