[XeTeX] Absence of ligatures

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Jun 9 20:54:14 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 07:36:40PM +0100, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

> Khaled Hosny wrote:

> >>Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me how should I set, say,
> >>Language=Latin?
> >
> >The same way you set Liagtures=Common.
>
> As José did not specify "Ligatures=Common" in his original message
> (see above), it is highly unlikely that he knows how to
> specify "Ligatures=Common" any more than he knows how to
> specify "Ligatures=Latin".

But he indicated he already tried in subsequent messages, so I think he
already knows by the time of reading may reply. As there are several
ways to set font features in fontspec (\defaultfontfeatures, as an
option to any of the \set*font commands, as an option to \fontspec,
\addfontfeatures) I didn't want to mention them all as it'll just
add to the confusion, or mention only one way because it might give
false message it is the only way. May intent was to say "it is a regular
options like other options you already tried", but may be I did it the
wrong way.

And there is always a manual one can refer to.

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Free font developer