[XeTeX] Ligatures and searching in PDFs

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Jun 8 09:29:11 CEST 2010

[Off-list]  Have I told you that Thanh has created
a Win-32 version of the modified PdfTeX, and after
some (many !) trials and tribulations, I finally
persuaded it to work within a TeXlive framework ?
I am not yet certain that it is correct -- it seem
to see rather more debugging output from processing
The TeXbook that I do with standard PdfTeX -- but it
is a good start, and Don has given his blessing to
the production of a PDF version of The TeXbook for
blind and partially sighted TeXxies.  Barbara will
negotiate same with A.-W. & AMS, and will also ask
Don to widen this to "an accessible version" rather
than a PDF version per se.

** Phil.