[XeTeX] [unimath] Unicode-math strange results

Ulrik Vieth ulrik.vieth at arcor.de
Mon Jun 7 23:54:45 CEST 2010

On 06/07/2010 10:08 PM, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
> Try the attached file with CambriaMath or any OpenType math font but
> please correct the file name!
> A.S.

Hi,
I tried it, and I'm still getting the same problems with plain xetex,
i.e. no big sizes of delimiters, no radical bar, nor fraction bar.

Obviously this is not a macro problem of unicode-math in Xe|LuaLaTeX,
but rather an engine system (at least on my system and possibly others).

I will try to do some more testing on other systems (e.g. windows32),
but I suspect that there is something seriously wrong with xetex or some
of its library dependencies on linux64 architecture.

It looks as if there were problems to extract the proper values of
OpenType MATH parameters from the fonts through the library layer.

Indeed, \showthe\fontdimenNN\1 on font\1=Cambria Math shows values
of 0.0pt throughout for NN between 10 and 65.

Regards, Ulrik