[XeTeX] Eastern Arabic numerals for pagination

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 6 15:48:24 CEST 2010

On 6 Jun 2010, at 14:25, Christopher Braun wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> would it be possible to use Eastern Arabic numerals for pagination in XeLaTeX? If so, how can I do this?

By using a font-mapping that converts ASCII numerals to the Eastern Arabic ones (there may be such a mapping included in the polyglossia or arabxetex or xepersian packages, I guess). If you specify such a mapping for the font you're using for page numbers -- which might be your main body font, if you want this conversion within the document text as well, or it could be a distinct font that you just use for this purpose -- then the ASCII numerals that LaTeX's page-numbering generates will appear as Eastern Arabic in your output.