[XeTeX] XITS Math font - first beata

wodzicki at math.berkeley.edu wodzicki at math.berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 5 23:52:13 CEST 2010

> I'm actually planning to include the rest of STIX styles in some later
> release, STIX surpasses Termes in its Greek and Cyrillic coverage.
>
> If there is a real demand, I can do it earlier, but the only improvement
> I see over regular STIX will be fractions and oldstyle figures.

I think it's worth doing it, considering how little work it would involve.
Then XITS would become a complete font.

In my original post in this thread I suggested that Will just temporarily
add to 'fontspec' an option that

\setmainfont{XITS Math}

means: load XITS Math for upright Roman, and STIXGeneral for everything else.

That would make Old Style figures available in text (of course, upright
Roman only), and would save unnecessary duplication of fonts in the
resulting PDF file.

Mariusz Wodzicki