[XeTeX] Typesetting XeLaTeX and LaTeX logo under MacTeX 2009

Iwan Setyawan iwan.setyawan at ieee.org
Thu Jun 3 11:37:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

First, my apologies if this has been brought up before.

I'm having some difficulties typesetting the "XeLaTeX" and "LaTeX"
logo under MacTeX 2009 and Xe(La)TeX.
The problem is that  the "A" in LaTeX is typeset in lowercase, instead
of uppercase. I don't have problem
typesetting the LaTeX logo if I use LaTeX, instead of XeLaTeX.

Here's an example of my code:

\documentclass[xetex,mathserif,serif]{beamer}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{enumerate}
\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,mathrsfs}
\usetheme{Hannover}
\usecolortheme{crane}
\usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\setmainfont[Scale=1,Mapping=tex-text]{Optima}

\mode<presentation>

\begin{document}
\begin{frame}{Testing}
	Testing Beamer and \XeLaTeX\ combination. Here's a simple
	equation:
	\begin{equation}
		c^{2}=b^{2}+a^{2}
	\end{equation}
	Isn't this \textbf{cool}? Now I can make presentations that
	take full advantage of the available fonts on my Mac!
	Here's another equation:
	\begin{equation}
		\alpha=\int_{\gamma}^{\psi} f(\zeta)d\zeta
	\end{equation}
\end{frame}
\end{document}

The following was the result when I was still using MacTeX 2008: