[XeTeX] Ligatures and searching in PDFs

Diederick C. Niehorster dcnieho at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:12:06 CEST 2010

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for your post, this is very useful!

One ting I'm wondering about: not all of the fonts I use always have
all those ligatures. From what I understand from you, can't check
right now, glyphs will be replaced usgin the mapping regardless of
glyph availability, which would lead to missing glyphs in the docuemnt
if not available.

Would it therefore make more sense to put these mappings in a separate
file and load that mapping as well when required? Can multiple
mappings be loaded?

Can't try this out for a while and guess I'm not the only one who
thinks of this, so just posting the question to list.

Thanks a lot again for your post!

Best,
Dee