[XeTeX] \botmark and \firstmark not working for me ...

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 31 23:47:59 CEST 2010

I also wondered about that, and another thing:  are you sure that you are
using the \mark commands *after* the note-count has been advanced?  My
(personalized) \fn macro has almost at the start:

 \global \advance \notenumber by 1

(I have \newcount\notenumber as a standard part of my file headers.)

Your footnote macro will have something comparable, and the marks would have
to be invoked after this advancing of the number, so actually part of your
footnote macro - perhaps something like '\mark{\the\ notenumber}' - not
sneaked in just before it gets to work.

Good luck anyway!

John